Sunday, September 6, 2009

By my conscience...

To my readers:

Some previous blogs I posted on this site were written in anger on my part. Whether or not there was an element of Godly anger, I realize that I felt personally resentful. My response to my embitterment was to put up some posts decrying the specific practices of communion that a church I had visited had implemented. According to their own understanding of scripture, they asked me to refrain from communion because I did not meet their requirements to take it.

I feel that the position I took in my paper is still correct and biblical, but the manner in which I shared it showed a lack of love on my part. Instead of communicating with the church directly to seek reconciliation I allowed the public to witness our dissension first hand. A better way would have been for me to simply ask them why they didn't want me to partake. Instead, I wrote a position paper which is rarely the way to have a dialogue or change hearts. This was wrong of me and I have remedied the situation, not by taking down my previous blogs, but by removing the names and churches of those I wrote to. I will also be calling the pastor I mentioned specifically and asking his forgiveness.

May you all be blessed,
Evan

1 comment:

  1. Only real men admit mistakes and when they were wrong. Good on you bro, God loves you and so do I.

    ReplyDelete