Monday, March 22, 2010

The government gets the jam and we get the jar.

Concerning health care "reform" my dad wrote a nastygram to his Congressman that I thought would make for good reading. He writes:

I just sent this to my Congressman, Martin Heinrich:

Including the government takeover of the student loan program is reason enough to vote against this so-called "reform." I vehemently oppose centralized government control of education purse strings, with all its implications. Further, the President's expressed desire to subsidize the education of those who go into the bureaucracy guarantees ever larger government and higher taxes on the productive to support it. But hey, it's important to spread that wealth around. Inevitably, such a system will be manipulated so that the nomenklatura get the jam and the rest of us get the jar.

I will be campaigning for your opponent in the fall.

I'm "privileged" to be on Mr. Heinrich's mailing list. In his most recent letter he said "I voted for the Affordable Health Care for America Act, also known as the House health insurance bill, which passed the House of Representatives on November 7, 2009, by a bipartisan vote of 220 to 215." Emphasis mine. Hey, as long as they're making the rules up as they go along, why not rewrite the dictionary. I sent him a nastygram over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment