Sunday, October 18, 2009

Never give up!

I wanted to give an update on my last post about my favorite chicken, Dot. She's able to stand up with a little more strength today and has, in fact, revealed her intuitive nature and desire to survive. Being immobile and finding it difficult to make it to the food dish she decided to conquer her problem in a direct manner.

She sat in the food dish! Go Dot!

She reminds me of a famous poster that I have seen many times of a Stork trying to eat a Bullfrog (not knowing the difference between species of animals in general and birds, reptiles and amphibians specifically, I would appreciate any corrections of the name of the species I labeled from whatever Zoologists, Ornithologists and Herepetologists who happen to come across this post).


This picture reminds me of Matthew 10:16 where it is written, "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."

So, even in a lighthearted manner, it is good to encourage those believers who come across this post. There will come (or has come) a time for many of us in this life when we will be called to persevere in the face of extreme trials and in the face of death. I have searched up some of the words of God and man that speak to the heart of these troubles. God bless!

Psalm 44:18-22

Our hearts had not turned back; our feet had not strayed from your path. But you crushed us and made us a haunt for jackals and covered us over with deep darkness. If we had forgotten the name of our God or spread out our hands to a foreign god, would not God have discovered it since he knows the secrets of the heart? Yet for your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.

Philippians 2:5-8

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very naturea]"> God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!

Revelation 22:10
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer... Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment