Wednesday, October 7, 2009

God gives us a voice.

O Lord, you sweep men away in the sleep of death; they are like the new grass of the morning-though in the morning it springs up new, by evening it is dry and withered. We are consumed by your anger and terrified by your indignation. You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence. All our days pass away under your wrath; we finish our years with a moan. The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you.

My face is red with weeping, deep shadows ring my eyes; yet my hands have been free of violence and my prayer is pure. "O earth, do not cover my blood; may my cry never be laid to rest! Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. Only a few years will pass before I go on the journey of no return."

It is my witness; my advocate; my intercessor; my friend who pleads my innocence before God. It is Jesus Christ, the Lord of all creation, who looked down upon my broken state and said, "It is not good that my child, whom I love with all my heart, should perish in his sins." It was tears of blood that He wept for me and it was His face that He set like flint towards His own destruction on my behalf. It was the breath of His Holy Spirit that He breathed into me that lit the spark of life in my soul. He is the twinkle in my eye and the spring in my step! He has opened up for me a path to my gracious Father. He has given to me a voice to offer sacrifices of great praise to our almighty God! Jesus is my voice for He is the rock of my salvation! May He be the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment