Saturday, November 28, 2009

Father's opinions.

I think that I will begin a new segment on my blog concerning my father's opinions. He seems to have a good way of writing his thoughts in a slightly humorous, yet ironic fashion that makes sense to me, whether I agree with him or not!

His latest:

"I tuned in our Air America radio station last night on the way home from our gig and, as usual, only had to listen for a few seconds to hear something stupid. The commentators were ranting about how wealthy people had historically funded endowments and built orphanages and libraries and concert halls and all that sort of thing. But this is the 21st Century and now they need to start contributing to “social justice”. The Left needs rich people to stop being so selfish and step up and help shoulder the load, don’t you know. Then one fellow launched into a diatribe about how the “modern conservative movement” wouldn’t exist if not for the work of Cato, Heritage and all the other Conservative think tanks that had been founded by wealthy right-wing … wait for it …
“CRAZIES!”
At which point I yelled “So go find some crazies of your own, you moron! It’s not like they’re hard to find! And while you’re at it, see if you can track down your sense of irony!” and switched stations."

No comments:

Post a Comment