Monday, June 22, 2009

Superhero/Messiah Obama!

For a truly enjoyable experience you really should watch the brilliant embedded video recently published by Jib Jab! Personally, I was happy to see this video not simply because it made fun of the Obamessiah, but because I have the ability to enjoy and support media that pokes fun at the most powerful man in the "free world" without facing repercussions. Meanwhile, my heart aches for the protesters in Iran and their desire to escape from an oppressive regime that allows for the unquestioned murder of its citizens for the purpose of keeping a theocratic government in power. I will not post specifics on the murder of Iranian protester Neda Agha-Sultan on my blog but you may read the condensed version of her life here: < http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-iran-neda23-2009jun23,0,6240992.story?track=rss >. My hope, apart from their obtaining salvation, is that they too would someday have the liberty to make fun of their government. With as bitter as I am towards mine at times I believe that, this side of heaven, humor is one of the most powerful tools used to dispel fear in the absence of God's grace and mercy. Wherever you stand, or sit, politically, or religiously, you will assuredly get a good respite from what concerns you when you watch this video!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

No comments:

Post a Comment